PM Kisan Yojana is a Centrally sponsored scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India. The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana was announced in the Union Interim Budget 2019 by Finance Minister Piyush Goyal. The Scheme takes effect from 1st December 2018 for transfer of benefit to eligible beneficiaries during this financial year 2018-19.
PM Kisan Yojana 2019
- PM KISAN is a Centrally sponsored scheme with 100% funding from the Government of India
- It has become operational from 1.12.2018.
- Under the scheme, income support of Rs.6000/- per year in three equal installments will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined land holding/ownership of up to 2 hectares
- Definition of a family for the scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
- State Government and UT Administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- The first installment for the period 1.12.2018 to 31.03.2019 is to be provided in this financial year itself.
- There are various Exclusion Categories for the scheme.
About PM Kisan Yojan
Benefits under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
Under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, financial benefit as given below will be provided to all Small and Marginal landholder farmer families across the country;
- Landholder Farmer families with total cultivable holding up to 2 hectares shall be
provided a benefit of Rs.6000 per annum per family payable in three equal
installments, every four months
- The first installment to eligible beneficiaries during this financial year 2018-19
shall be for the period from 01.12.2018 to 31.03.2019.
PM Kisan Portal – pmkisan.nic.in
A platform named PM Kisan Portal available at URL (http://pmkisan.nic.in) shall be launched for uploading the SMF details at a single web portal in a uniform Structure. This website belongs to the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India
Different Scenarios for computation of benefit to eligible beneficiaries