The government of India has introduced a pension scheme for unorganised workers namely Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan (PM SYM) to ensure old age protection for Unorganised Workers.
Also, Check: PM Kisan Yojana 2019
The unorganised workers mostly engaged as home-based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washermen, rickshaw pullers, landless labourers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio-visual workers and similar other occupations whose monthly income is Rs 15,000/ per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years. They should not be covered under the New Pension Scheme (NPS), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) scheme or Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Further, he/she should not be an income taxpayer.
PM SYM – Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan
Launched on 15th February 2019
PM SYM Scheme Eligibility
- 18-40 years of age
- Income less than Rs 15000 per month
- Should not be an income taxpayer
- Should not be engaged in the Organized Sector with a membership of EPF/NPS/ESIC
- Savings Bank Account
- Aadhar Number
Minimum Assured Pension
Rs.3000 per month, life long on attaining 60 years of age
How to Apply PM SYM?
- Interested eligible person shall visit neared CSC center. Location of CSC center can be ascertained from the information page on websites of LIC of India, Ministry of Labour and Employment and CSC.
2. While going to CSC for enrolment, he shall carry with him the following:
a. Aadhar Card
b. Bank Account details along with IFS Code (Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or a copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account)
c. Mobile handset for OTP verification
d. Initial contribution amount for enrolment under the scheme
3. Village Level Entrepreneur ( VLE ) present at the CSC will key-in aadhar number, the name of the subscriber as printed on aadhar card and date of birth as given in aadhar card and the same will be verified with UDAI database through a process of demographic authorization.
4. Further details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email-id, if any, spouse and nominee details will be captured.
5. Self-certification for eligibility conditions will be done.
6. The system will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to the age of the subscriber.
7. Subscriber shall also pay the amount of initial contribution under the scheme to the VLE who will generate a receipt to handed over to the subscriber. At the same time, a unique SYM number will be generated and the SYM Card will be printed at CSC. Enrolment Form cum Auto Debit mandate will also be printed which will then be signed by the subscriber. VLE then shall scan the signed enrolment cum auto debit mandate and upload into the system.
8. With the completion of the process, a subscriber will be having with him SYM card and a signed copy of enrolment form for his record.
Customer care number 1800 267 6888
Website: labour.gov.in & www.licindia.in
Table of Contents